Maho Tsukai Precure Ep 17: I didn't know Pac-Man was in this show?!

Cure Up! Rapapa! This is my review of Maho Tsukai Precure Episode 17 Review and today the two girls tried to find out who is Kanoko's crush when she was a teen.


After Kanoko show a picture of herself as a teen to the girls, she claimed she saw an amazing man who stole her heart when the picture was taken. So the girls decided to find Kanoko's crush with the help of Cathy the Crystal Ball.


So the girls went around town to find this person but ended up with false hope since Kanoko does not recognize these men. It was after the girls quietly saved a cat from a tree that Kanoko finally recalled how the man looked like and it was a surprise that it was the Headmaster himself who was her crush many years ago.


Although how he maintain his youth all these years is a question and Kanoko gave him a packet of snacks before he left which until the end of the episode, it showed the Headmaster enjoying the same snack during his tea time.


This also kinda of explained why Kanoko believe in magic and always cover the girls when the magic subject is mentioned.


The second half is kinda of mixed bag for me. For starters, Gamets finally got the Linkle Garent stone after Ha-Chan dropped it and he created a Yokubal for the girls to battle. This battle really make me wonder will the writers munching Precure sweets all day to come up with this episode?!


The Yokubal was all right since it was a creepy Rose creature with Senbei snacks as hands and the girls were trapped inside it's body for a moment. But when the girls escape from it's body, they decided to create a Giant Pac-Man like creature with their Topaz form and munch off the Yokubal's hands! I know Topaz form is the Trickster form but this is something out of a Robot Chicken sketch!

People, I don't like to judge one single episode and claimed that the whole season is bad. Usually I tried to keep my opinion to myself till the final episode before I roast the whole season to the ground. But if Toei keep doing such goofy stunts like this episode, I really have doubts for this season. I get it that Precure is catered for young kids but if you want to pull something like this, do it smart and not rely on a gag that I saw in a Looney Toons cartoon.

You can tell that I am not really happy with this episode and yes, I am aware who is the third Precure thanks to magazine scans. The first part was kinda of slow pace with Kanoko thinking of her old crush. (Wait till they finally meet and she will probably felt ashamed that the headmaster is still in his prime) The second half which other that Gamets got the Linkle Garnet stone, the battle was really "Jumping the Shark."


Next week, after Ha-Chan felt sorry for losing the Linkle Garnet, the girls returned to the Magic world and met up with old friends however Gamets has challenged them for the Linkle Smart Book. Until then, see you in the next post!

Comments